SPNbabble is a microblogging service. Users post short (140 character) notices which are broadcast to their friends and fans using the Web, RSS, or instant messages.
If you'd like to try it out, first register a new account. Then, on the public timeline, enter your message into the textbox at the top of the page, and click "Send". It will go out on the public timeline and to anyone who is subscribed to your notices (probably nobody, at first).
To subscribe to other people's notifications, go to their profile page and click the "subscribe" button. They'll get a notice that you're now subscribed to their notifications, and, who knows?, they might subscribe back.
Here are some documents that you might find helpful in understanding SPNbabble and how to use it.
- About - an overview of the service
- FAQ - frequently-asked questions about SPNbabble
- Contact - who to contact with questions about the service
- IM - using the instant-message (IM) features of SPNbabble
- SMS - tying your cellphone to SPNbabble
- tags - different ways to use tagging
- Groups - joining together in groups
- OpenID - what OpenID is and how to use it with this service
- OpenMicroBlogging - subscribing to remote users
- Publishing - how to publish your notices on Twitter, Friendfeed, Plurk, Tumblr, Facebook and other social networks in real-time.